Destiny Saber

So Star Wars is going up on the big screen again, and what better way och celebrating this then making of a new saber, i made one before and i thought it would be fun to make another one but step up a level or two:) So this one is going to be far more advanced and though it would mainly act as a display saber it would be possible to dual with it, it will not have sound though.

This saber will have the name Destiny.

And what is a project without images.. (more images will be added as i progress) start from the bottom..

And that all for now, but stay tuned, more to come:)

12

Turned out just fine though.. phew..:)

11

I was really scared to do this but sometimes u just have to make choices:)

10

Was not really satisfied with the first front cover so i made another one, this time i etched with copper sulphate/salt and that was way better:)
BTW, the saber at the bottom is my old one that have gone through a major remake, read about it HERE

09

08

Had to make a new stand for the sabers so i made a tier 2 stand from plexiglass and some copper tubing.

07

06

05

New batterypack and cleaning up the mess:)

04

03

02

01

Finally the hilt got some curves to:) also made a razorstyle bladeplug.

Destiny_2016_01_03

Organized chaos….

chaos

razorPlug

Next to my first saber build.. poor thing didnt stand a chance, now i have to get me a decent saber stand, or build one myself:)

20151231_004220

First side almost done, will do some more sanding and filing in the corners, but now it starts to look like a saber:)

20151231_004149

Time for the hard work…. phew:)

20151230_221215

Marked the area for cutting.

20151227_210037

I will make a razor version to soon.

20151229_211115

Made a temporary blade plug.

20151229_205940

Nice:)

20151225_180407

Looks nice, just have to make it the same size so it fits snug over the hilt.

20151225_174712

And after som cutting and grinding

20151225_174657

And my first try to etch metal, i made a misstake and did not clean properly before but i actually think its looks nice, a bit more older and rough finish.

20151225_151616

So, now starts all the detailing.. ie the hard work:), here i have added som pnp blue, same stuff used for etching pcb boards, thiss will be a part of the sroud on the front.

20151222_231924

Roughly done

20151225_174649

20151225_174553

20151225_174509

Now on to the outer shell, first of… DONT try this at home, i will not take any responsibility for it as it could probably be leathal.. 🙂

20151219_131419

And the crystal is put in place:)

20151218_190917

Added some details to the core.

20151225_174415

Replaced the Arduino and put some lilytiny instead, as they should just ad some effect to the leds anyway.

20151215_204531

The only part i had a company do, i had to as i dont have a lathe that can do this kind of precision work.

20151218_145609

The “core” with its crystal chamber is almost done, some details still missing but i need to lathe some pieces to get everything togheter.

Destiny_009

First prototype of the crystal chamber is taking shape.

Destiny_008

Looks nice through the frosty plexi glass.

Destiny_007

Experimenting with som accent leds and an arduino, the arduino was my first plan to use but i have later on decided to go for a couple of lily tiny instead, mainly because of the 6v+ voltage requirement the arduino need, i want to run everything of a li-ion 3.7v battery so i can add a recharge port.

Destiny_006

Some of the plexi discs now with aluminium rings salvaged from an old harddrive.

Destiny_005

First prototype for the holders in the crystal chamber.

Destiny_004

Drilled out some plexiglass discs.

Destiny_003

Crystal holder, these are parts of the coils from my e-cigarette.

Destiny_002

Going through my stash and found some greebles that looked interesting, didnt take long to realize that i needed more though,  not shown in this image is the rest i found from some harddrives i had laying around.

Destiny_001

%d bloggers like this: